Who is Mariana?
Mariana Siebold is a Guatemalan artist. She has lived immersed in the art world since childhood. Her great talent led her to very favorable opportunities, both nationally and internationally.
She earned a B.A. at Manhattanville College in New York. She has successfully exhibited in more than a dozen prestigious venues in Guatemala, the United States, Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Barcelona, Italy, Paris, Lisbon, and soon London (selected at the London Biennial, June 30, 2021) and in Buenos Aires, Argentina (selected International Biennial of Argentina), October 2021.
- In May, 2021 she was selected for Art in May from the Rozas Botrán Foundation (Guatemala).
- In March 2021, she was selected by the Guatemalan Chamber of Commerce to be a panelist at the XVI Congress of Guatemalan Women Leaders.
- In January 2021, she was selected as the first curator of Juannio, Guatemala
- In November 2020 she was invited by Prince Damien Dematra (Indonesia) to be a Peace Ambassador for the “International Day of Culture” in Guatemala.
- In March 2020 she represented Guatemala in the “International Women Exhibition-Art Connects Women” in Dubai.
- She was one of the 10 international artists chosen to exhibit at the “Lisbon International Contemporary Exhibition” in Portugal, in February 2020.
- She exhibited in Lisbon at the “Meeting Art Gallery” in November 2019.
- She exhibited at Carrousel Du Louvre (selected) in October 2019.
- In June 2019, Mariana was in Los Angeles, California visiting the NBC Studios for an interview to which she was invited.
- In June 2019 , she was awarded the “International Prize Artist of the Year 2019” also in Mantova.
- In June 2019 she participated in the Biennial of Mantua, Italy (Museo Diocesano Francesco Gonzaga).
- On April 6th, 2019, she was awarded the Velázquez International Prize at the MEAM (European Museum of Modern Art) in Barcelona; also she was chosen to participate at the Biennial.
- In March 2019, she was selected as the only Guatemalan representative in the “International Women’s Exhibition” in Dubai. An exhibition that brought together more than 100 female artists from different parts of the world and in which Sheikh Butti Suhail Al Maktoum was present, since it was under his patronage.
- In January 2019, she had an individual exhibition (first Guatemalan in history) in The Palm, Dubai in the “Arabian Court Gallery” of the prestigious hotel: “The One and Only Royal Mirage”.
Her work appears in catalogues, books and magazines such as “Art International Contemporary Magazine”, “The Women Artists Around the World Book”, “The International Prize Velazquez Catalogue”, the “Mantua Art-Expo- International Biennial of Mantova” book , the “International Prize Artist of the Year 2019” magazine; “Segnalati Magazine”, the “Lisbon International Contemporary Exhibition Catalogue“, “Inspiring People Magazine” and others.
Mariana has an impressive number of solo and group exhibitions.
2018 The Pergola. Ceramic, Resin, metal. Guatemala
2017 Cinceles. Sculpture in stone. Guatemala
1991-1994 Study of the teacher Manolo Gallardo, Guatemala
1988-1991. Manhattanville College, New York, United States. Bachelor of Arts
1987-1988 Armand Hammer United World College, New Mexico, United States.- 2 years of art “High level”
2020 Virtual Exhibition “From my window” (inspired during Covid-19 lockdown)
2019 “Quantum Portals” The Arabian Court Gallery at the One and Only Royal Mirage, Dubai, UAE
2018 Aruma Gallery, Antigua Guatemala
2015 “Osmosis” Alejandro Von Humboldt, Guatemala
2014 “Musas” Cerro Santo Domingo, Guatemala
2012 “Baktún” Ixchel Museum, Guatemala
2006 “Species in Extinction” Gallery El Túnel Guatemala
2005 “Metamorphosis” Bancafé Guatemala
2004 “Women” Villa Los Añejos, Guatemala
2021 March 3-7. Bienal Internacional Buenos Aires, Argentina
2020 October. “Momentos” – Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Rosario.
2020 May. Fundación Rozas Botrán, “Arte en Mayo”
2020 Moscow, Russian Parliament, State Duma (new date pending due to Covid-19)
2020 March. “Women International Exhibition #EachForEqual, Dubai (UAE)
2020 Atelier Natalia Gromicho, Lisbon, Portugal
2019 November. Lisbon, Portugal. Exhibition at the Meeting Art Gallery. Selected for the Segnalati magazine.
2019 Octuber. Paris, France. Exhibition at the Carrousel Du Louvre.
2019 June 8, Mantua, Italy. Selected for the International Biennial of Mantua.
2019 April. Barcelona, Spain Selected for the “International Prize Diego Velazquez”. Presentation: April 6, 2019. MEAM (European Museum of Modern Art).
2019 March. “Art for the Wins”. GyT Foundation and Rotarians. Museum of Santo Domingo. Antigua Guatemala .
2019 March. Selected as the only Guatemalan artist to participate in the “International Women’s Exhibition-Balance for Better, in Dubai UAE.
2018 -EROS. Museo Ixchel, Guatemala -Bonito mi Barrio, murals, government of Guatemala (selected)- “Barriletes” Margarita Tejada
2017 –Portales, Ixchel Museum, Guatemala-Funsilec, Zona Pradera, Guatemala-Exhibition Margarita Tejada, Guatemala-Exhibition Rotarians, Hotel Intercontinental, Guatemala
2016 Margarita Tejada Foundation, Ixchel Museum, Guatemala
2014 -Poderosas, Museum of Modern Art, Guatemala
2013– Embassy of Colombia (selected work) Fundación Margarita Tejada, Guatemala. Art in May, Rozas Botrán, Museum of Modern Art, Guatemala
2008 Marta and María, Europlaza, Guatemala
2007 Marta and María, Europlaza, Guatemala Junkabal, Anacafé, Guatemala
Communicate, El Correo, Guatemala
Sterlings, Comunicarte, Antigua Guatemala
Comunicarte, Casa Mima, Guatemala
Botrán Foundation, Camino Real, Guatemala
Embassy of France and Museum of Modern Art
2020 “Arte en Mayo, Fundación Rozas Botrán, 2020”
2020 “Women Artists of the World” Book, Dubai, (UAE)
2020 “Lisbon International Contemporary Exhibition” Catalogue
2019 “Segnalati Lisbon Magazine”, Lisbon Portugal
2019 Art Shopping Catalogue, Carrousel Du Louvre, Paris
2019 June Catalogue “Mantova Artexpo- International Biennial of Mantova”
2019 June Magazine “Art International Contemporary Magazine”. Italy. Number May-June
2019 Book “International Prize Artist of the Year 2019” Mantova Italy
2019 Magazine “Art International Contemporary Magazine”. Barcelona. March-April number.
2019 Women Artist Around the World, Dubai, UEA.
2019 Catalogue of “International Prize Diego Velázquez”
2019 Catalogue of “Art for the Wins-Rotary”
2016 Margarita Tejada Catalogue
2014 Art in May, Rozas Botrán, Guatemala
2013 Poderosas, Guatemala
2012 Rozas Botrán, Guatemala
2009 Rotary, collective, Ixchel Museum, Guatemala
2004 Rozas Botrán Catalogue, collective, Museum of Modern Art, Guatemala